Thursday, April 23, 2009

I need to sleep

I'm sitting here in my bed at 2 a.m. because for the first time in a long time, I can't get the image of a woman out of my head. Everything, including today, started so simple. The feelings I have now probably will pass, but something different has happened today.

So let me start from the short beginning. There is a girl I know that, well I cant really say I know because I've only known her for a few weeks. She's very nice, has plenty of friends, probably more than she knows what to do with, a quite beautiful. She not beautiful in the "wow, she looks like a model way", shes beautiful because shes a light in the room. Strong christian faith, and if you ever knew about my girlfriends from the past, you'd be surprised that I actually like one. Even though she does acknowledge my existence, shes probably unaware that I like her at all.

The only reason I'm even thinking of this girl enough that I can't sleep, is because for the first time, I noticed something about myself from this girl. All I did was shake her hand as I was leaving our gathering, but I actually noticed what her hand felt like in mine. She was just like every other girl I met until then. I have never noticed the feel of someones hand in mine before, I mean why would I? What would it matter? This one however felt so soft, like I told a friend of mine, "Her hand felt like the warm silk on my bedsheets when I wake up in the morning.

Anyway, it's probably some boy crush that will disappear in a day or two, but the question is, do I want it to? I have prayed for God to let me know the girl I'm supposed to be with by letting her image keep me up for a night. I just never expected that night to be one when I have a presentation due the next morning. I must let nature take its course and nothing will probably come of this night, but its an awesome feeling to have.

Although I would really like to explore this and see where it goes...the only question then would be, can she feel the same way about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment